Saturday 9 January 2016

THAT GLOW


Hey guys! Another collection post this time about my favourite thing... HIGHLIGHTERS!! I'm really pleased with my collection so far, I think that they're all gorgeous. I have a variety of shades within this post that could be used for different looks. I really hope this helps anyone looking for a new one to try out, or for someone who doesn't own any! I never knew how long it would take to write about a few highlighters so I hope you enjoy!



Swatch Image -


BECCA | SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR PRESSED MOONSTONE
£32.00
I have to say after trials of various highlighters as this post shows. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector's really stand out to me. The pigmentation is incredible and I'm getting low in my pan of Moonstone so I think that shows how much I adore it. I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this one 100%. This is one of the lighter colours in my collection and I use it nearly everyday. I do normally layer up a few different highlighters as I love experimenting with the tones of glow.

BECCA | SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR PRESSED CHAMPAGNE POP
£32.00
This is a recent purchase of mine, but one I've been wanting for a very long time. I pre-ordered at SpaceNk around 2 weeks before release on the site and I don't regret it one bit. The wait was worth it for this gorgeous rose-gold goodness for my cheekbones. I do try to not use this one as much as I use Moonstone due to the limited edition label on this powder.

KEVYN AUCOIN | THE CELESTIAL POWDER CANDLELIGHT
£35.00
I love this highlighter for an everyday use. The compact is small however, the quality of the powder is phenomenal. This looks gorgeous on the skin and cupids bow. I normally use this with my Laura Mercier fan brush and this works really well. The packaging is lovely and it comes with a velvet pouch adding to the luxury, but also adding to unnecessary packaging.

LAURA MERCIER | MATTE RADIANCE BAKED POWDER HIGHLIGHT 01
£25.00
This highlight is one of my natural everyday highlights as it just adds a slight glow to the skin creating a 'natural glow from within look'. It does look gorgeous on all the high-points of the face. As there is no glitter within this powder, it does make the product look lovely and natural. I find that this paired with the Laura Mercier Loose Powder creates a really flawless look.

LAURA MERCIER | FACE ILLUMINATOR INDISCRETION
£31.00
To be totally honest I try not to use this one too much due to its limited edition status and the perfect swirls and shape of the actual powder. It's detail just makes it the prettiest to look at! The rose-gold hue creates a lovely natural glow with tiny bits of glitter and shimmer. 

URBAN DECAY | NAKED ILLUMINATED SHIMMERING POWDER LUMINOUS
£22.50
I was waiting to try this highlighter from Urban Decay for months. Since I loved their eyeshadows, just like the rest of the world, I had high expectations for this. Unfortunately it didn't meet them. I would have liked this highlighter to be more pigmented when applied to the skin, but instead its sort of like a shimmer dust. I do still like it, however I wouldn't use it for an everyday use due to the glitter. I think this would look better when the look you're after involves lots of sparkle. The packaging is lovely but it is very large, making it hard to store when you have a lot of make up in your collection...

KIKO | WATER EYESHADOW 208
£8.90
So yes this is an eyeshadow, but how gorgeous and versatile is it?! I use it to highlight all the time. It looks so lovely on the high points of the cheek bones. I normally use this one dry as it is a water eyeshadow when you use a MAC Fix+ or a similar product the pigmentation gets stronger, making this perhaps too strong for a highlighter. The packaging is really sleek and small making it easy to travel with and throw into your make up bag. There is also a small mirror in there which is handy on the go.

BELLÁPIERRE | PIGMENT CHAMPAGNE
£12.99
I'm so glad that I found these pigments from Bellápierre. The Champagne shade is gorgeous for multipurpose use. I love using this as an eyeshadow but it also looks gorgeous as a highlighter. The fine glitter within the product helps to reflect the light and look stunning on the skin. I do basically pour this all over my face and add it wherever I can.

MAC | MINERALIZE SKIFINISH LIGHTSCAPADE
£24.00
This highlight is a white-toned golden glow. Layered up this product can create the perfect dramatic highlight. The packaging on this product so works well for me enabling me to see exactly which shade it is in my collection of highlighters, which you can see is a fair few.

MAC | MINERALIZE SKIFINISH SOFT AND GENTLE
£24.00
This was one of my first ever highlighters and in the excitement of purchasing a new one pretty much every month last year I lost this in my collection. But writing this post has re-egnited my love for so many, including this one. It does have that rose-gold glow feel which looks gorgeous. I do have a tendency to be attracted to the white gold


NARS | HIGHLIGHTING BLUSH ALBATROSS
£23.00
One of my first highlighters again, back when my NARS obsession began. I really love the white/gold toned glow that this creates on my cheekbones. It also looks gorgeous on the brow bone and inner corner. All NARS blushes are well pigmented, well created colours.

NARS | HIGHLIGHTING BLUSH NEW ORDER
£23.00
I bought this shade as most of my highlighters are a similar colour. I thought that this shade would be a fun way of creating bold and vibrant looks. I wouldn't use this as an everyday shade. The glitter within the purple-toned powder helps to portray that fun look I bought it for.

NARS | HIGHLIGHTING BLUSH NICO
£23.00
When at the counter I purchased this as the makeup artist suggested it looked gorgeous as a highlighter and an all over face powder. As the colour is very neutral it works perfectly on my skin to powder the areas I would normally highlight to create a very natural look.

NARS | HIGHLIGHTING BLUSH RECKLESS
£23.00
This is the sheerest of all the NARS Highlighting Blushes I own. There is a lot of glitter within this product and it does remind me of the Urban Decay Illuminated Shimmering Powder. This is due to the main factor being glitter within the product and not so much pigmentation of the coloured blush.

NARS | HIGHLIGHTING BLUSH MISS LIBERTY
£23.00
This is a sheer peachy-toned highlight with glitter running throughout. Again another one to add to my natural looking highlighters however the glitter within the product helps to bring the light reflection and glow to the points you have highlighted on the face. 

NARS | DUAL-INTENSITY BLUSH JUBILATION
£30.00
This product is to be used wet or dry. The swatches above are dry due to comparing them against the rest of my dry products. In this compact there are two stunning shades which are described as 'sparkling yellow gold' and 'shimmering soft, nude peach', making this good value for money in my eyes. They compliment each other well wether you're using one as a highlight and one as a blush or vice versa. These are very well pigmented and bold colours which are truly lovely.

SOAP AND GLORY | HIGHLIGHTING POWDER GLOW ALL OUT
£11.00
I enjoy having a variety of shades within my collection and this peach/pink toned shade just looks lovely for an everyday look. I have used this as a powder all over my face when I just wanted to look glowing all day and find it is very subtle when I do so. However it still looks gorgeous. It does contain small flecks of glitter but not so much to make you look like a glitter ball.


MAC | STROBE CREAM
£24.50
I love mixing this into my foundation to create a really lovely dewy look. The MAC site states that this is a moisturiser for underneath your make up application and I have found this works really well under make up as well as being mixed into it as well. The scent is gorgeous just as any MAC product is. This is a versatile and multi-purpose product enabling that classic 2015 trend of Strobing.

NARS | ILLUMINATOR COPACABANA
£23.00
I really do love this pinky-toned illuminator. I do mix this in with my foundation to create a gorgeous dewy look with radiance. I also like to dot it on my cheekbones to really bring them out. I find that the shade of this illuminator makes for a silvery, but pink warm toned dewy look.

BENEFIT | HIGH BEAM
£19.50
I find that the applicator within this product makes it easy to apply on the high points of my cheekbones. However, I do find I don't mix this into my foundation like I do with the rest of my applications of illuminating fluids purely for the accessibility aspect. I tend to use the NARS Copacabana if I wanted this tone in my foundation as it's a tube you can squeeze.

BECCA | SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR MOONSTONE
£34.00
Ever since receiving this for christmas I have been obsessed with it. Mixing it with foundation, applying under the make up as a base, dotting it along my cheekbones, applying it on my cupids bow, pressing it into the centre of my lip after lipstick application, basically over using it and looking like a glow ball. 

CHANEL | SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL SHEER ILLUMINATING FLUID SUNKISSED
£32.00
I love this. Just love. I love the fact that whenever I use this product I feel very glam opening up my Chanel Illuminator. The whole product just feels luxurious and is a pleasure to use. I mix this into my foundation and find it gives me a lovely sun kissed golden glow.

NARS | ILLUMINATING MULTIPLE VIOLET ATOM
£29.00
The NARS Multiples are a multipurpose product for creating different looks. This is part of the Christopher Kane Collection that NARS featured in 2015. These multiples are easy to use wet or dry. I do like to wet this product with my MAC Fix+ to create a great sheer glow on the high points of the cheekbones. I do often use this when I'm creating a pink/purple eye look as I think this compliments it well and brings the look together.

Thanks,
Laura x



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Those Becca highlights look amazing! I've heard so many good things.. i'm definitely going to buy one! Thanks for sharing :) xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely! You'll love them! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! Totally agree with your kiko product, a lot of them make amazing highlighters :-) xox

    www.bettybeeblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig